Wednesday, November 6, 2013

School Day

We did Calendar.  In Calendar we did the temperature, fact families, and we rounded to the nearest 10 and the nearest 100 and other stuff.  Ashlyn shared that she opened her present but she didn't like it so her mom took it back to the store.  Jack S. shared that he is excited for today because instead of having a cub scout meeting they are going somewhere.  Joe shared that this weekend if there is snow he is going to go sledding but if not he is going to pick up leaves.  Airam shared that this weekend her cousins are coming all the way from Mexico to visit.  Gannon shared that he was going to bring his number that he had in the Coca-cola run.  We had Math.  In Math we had a test.  We had Music.  In Music we learned our Christmas songs.  Jack P. shared his bulletin board.  He brought a huge Beanie Boo.  We didn't have time for read aloud today.  In read aloud we are reading Shiloh.  Which is funny because there is a song in Music that we do an d this is how it goes:  Bounce high, bounce low, bounce the ball to Shiloh.  We did Daily Four. First round I did Word Study, second round I did Read to Self, third round I did Work on Writing, and fourth round I did journal.  In Word Study I did blue vowels.  I Read to Self I read Riding Freedom, in Work on Writing I worked on the Daily Blog post.  In journal I wrote that I was blogger.  Technology is when you get an iPad and you do something challenging.  In technology we played the word wall game.  The word for the word wall game was machine.  The word for the next game was where.  We had milk and snack.  I didn't want milk and I forgot to bring snack so I just sat there.  We did read aloud.  We read Shiloh.  It is a good book.  Every day before we leave from school we put our pencil baskets on our drawers and then the next morning if we have school we get to pick our own seats.  If Mr. Johnson thinks we can't handle where we're sitting he'll move us.  We did quiet ten.  That is when you write for ten minutes without talking.  I worked on my blog post during quiet ten.  I love to be daily blogger because I love writing and I love keeping track of what we do all day long.  I love trying to write long blogs.  In Social Studies we bought and sold stuff.  The people that are buying are consumers.  The people that are selling stuff are producers.  It is the end of the day.  Student helpers:  Line Leader was Jaxton, Calendar Helper was Jeremiah, Plant Waterer was Michaela, Teacher's Helper was Katie, Chair Stacker was Caleb, Caboose was Tristian, Daily Blogger was Jordan, Computer was Joe.

You have to have your Sticker Story done by Friday.

I am proud of our class today because we did a great job in Math.

By Jordan

1 comment: