Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Today we started our morning off with the Health Run and it felt shorter than usual. I ran with Kenna.  We talked about the prank.  Mr. Wendte did not mark us off on the chart today that tells how long we ran the Health Run.  Then we came back, got our maroon folders and I took out my writing that I am illustrating.  I have to finish chapter two then I have to do all chapter three.  Then Jack flipped the lights and said he was ready for calendar.  Before he began Mrs. Nixon said on the school speakers that there are six more teachers to be captured and two kids read two more and she said we are going to be finished on time.  This time Jack could start calendar. He pulled sticks. Jack started with calendar in Spanish.  Then he pulled Roxy she said the calendar in English.  After they did calendar in Spanish and English, money, and the hundreds, tens, and ones we worked on our new second grade memories books.  Then we did read aloud.  We are almost done and we think we can make it.  We went to recess.  Makenna and I did not play much.  We tried to find warmth.  We thought we found some but I do not think so.  We came back and went to P.E.  In P.E. we went to the track and we had to run two laps.  Then we got to practice our activities for track and field day which was today.  When P.E. was over instead of doing read aloud we worked on our second grade memories books.  We washed our hands for lunch and Eliseo was the line leader.  Today's lunch was spicy chicken nuggets, rolls, corn, and frozen strawberries.  Then we had last recess because we had to go to track and field day at twelve thirty.  Makenna and I swung.  We we pushed with our feet.  When recess was over we still had a few minutes so we worked on our second grade memories books. Then I worked on the  blog.  By the time it was time to go to track and field day I was on the back of my second page.  Makenna led us because she only had two activities she could do.  We started track and field day at the softball throw.  I signed up for it.  I three far to me and the other people threw far too.  Our next event was soccer kick.  I did not do that but the people that did did great even with the wind.  The next activity I was not in either but they ran fast and jumped hard.  It was the long jump.  We finally got to an activity that I signed up for.  The activity was jump roping.  Everybody did a fantastic job.  We got waters before we ran.  I drank all mine before we started running.  My dad surprised me by coming.  We watched the fifty meter hurdles and the fifty meter dash and I was in neither.  Then it was the hundred meter dash and I was in it at the end.  My foot got stuck in the yarn.  They did the two hundred meter dash which they did a great job.  We left after that but they did do a four hundred meter dash.  But just because I was not there does not mean they did a bad job. We got an ice cream bar, ate it, and Mr. Johnson said the ticket out.  Then we left school for the day.

The field trip is in three days and bring a sack lunch.

Softball practice tonight at six.

Last day of school is this Friday.

By Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment