Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Busy Day

We started our day off with a little exercise to wake us up.  We walked to the classroom and I turned in my permission slip to got to Ashfall Fossil Beds.  We made our plans.  I didn't get to put anything on my first round because Mila, Alex, and I got to go with Mr. Johnson for our group time.  Gaby was our calendar helper and when she flipped the light she made her plans while we went to get ready for Gaby to start calendar.  We listened to Makenna, Ryan, and Eliseo share their sharing.  After sharing Mr. Johnson shared some word wall words and Ja'lela put the words on the Word Wall.  We did Math.  In Math we learned about greater than and less than.  My first math round I had to fix some stuff on my last math sheet and my new math worksheet.  Then Roxy and I played a math game.  then I met with Mr. Johnson for Math time.  We went to first recess.  I played with Mila and Gaby.  Today we had Music and practiced our moves and songs.  When we came back Mr. Johnson read our new book that we started last week, Superfudge, by Judy Blume.  We are on chapter four.  We washed our hands for lunch and the line leader checked us to make sure we were ready to go.  Today's lunch was creamed chicken on a biscuit, peas, radishes, and grapes.  It was delicious.  When the preschoolers got to the lunchroom we dumped our trays and got ready for second recess.  Outside I played tag with Eliseo, Ryan, Gaby, and Fatima.  I think it was one of the funniest recesses yet.  When we came back we did first round.  I was with Mr. Johnson, Mila, and Alex. My second round was really fun.  I read with Ja'lela.  We read Arthur books.  Finally, third round I was going to do word study but instead I did Journal.  I am pretty sure I wrote a lot.  Then we had our last recess of the day.  I played tag again with Ryan, Gaby, Eliseo, Fatima, and Ja'lela because we did not have any snow gear.  We got our snack.  It was apples.  I got an apple and no milk.  When we got to the classroom Mr. Clay came and took us to his room.  We got to sit in high school chairs.  It was cool.  In Mr. Clay's room we watched Popcorn Park, Kids Who Care.  Next Tuesday we are going to start act three.  When we got back we did Writer's Workshop.  We started with Mr. Johnson, who taught us about endings.  Then I worked on the blog.  After Writer's Workshop we did Science.  Mr. Johnson taught us about compress and air pressure.  We used syringes and tubes again.  We had last round.  Today I had to think for the blog.  But I got done.  After that Mr. Johnson said the ticket out and dismissed us.  I went home and did some facts.

Ashfall Fossil Bed forms are due Friday, April 26, 2013.

By Jocelyn

2 comments:

  1. Jocelyn, you did a WONDERFUL job with your details! I could close my eyes and see in my head exactly what your day was like in second grade. You are a top-notch author! Keep up the great work! Do you care if I share this with my class?

    Mrs. Schlickbernd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn,
    Great job with your blog today! I loved reading about your day. I could picture everything that you talked about. Great work!

    Mr. Wulf

    ReplyDelete